From ENE News (www.enenews.com)
Posted February 14, 2014
Japan Physician: Parents should evacuate children from Tokyo; Danger from Fukushima radiation — “The threat has seemed to be spreading” — “I’ve seen a lot of patients badly affected”
Excerpts from an interview with Tokyo-based physician Shigeru Mita, Nelson Groom for Vice.com, Feb. 14, 2014
- I’ve done examinations on more than 1,500 patients. […] I run blood work and conduct thyroid ultrasound examinations. […] I’ve mostly tested patients living in Tokyo, and I’ve found a lot of harmful symptoms in children, especially in kindergarten students or elementary school […] serious effects in the elderly. There have been abnormalities in their differential white-blood-cell count […] decline in the neutrophil […] I conducted the first tests in December 2011 […] the threat has seemed to be spreading into Tokyo since then.
- There was a baby with a serious illness. […] she had no neutrophils. […] Thankfully, she recovered after moving to the Kyushu area. […] there aren’t any medicines to help […] I’ve seen a lot of patients from Tokyo who are badly affected, but when they move […] they get better. After they come back to Tokyo, it gets worse again.
- I believe [TEPCO’s reporting on the radiation] must be false. That said, discussing this is a waste of time. We need to use this time to help patients rather than discussing the validity of these statements. That’s the most pressing concern.
- In Japan, commercial distribution is prosperous, so some of the contaminated food is definitely coming to Tokyo. […] we should be testing everything thoroughly, and that at least children should be spared […]
- They are definitely not focusing on this particular concern. I believe the Japanese media have taken side with a small number of powerful people.
- People living in eastern Japan […] are trying to look away from the dangers of radioactivity. Hence they avoid taking the matter seriously.
- I worry about the children, their parents, and the children who will be born in the future. I want the patients to move to the safer place [and] strongly recommend that anyone living in the area head to a safer place one or two months out of the year. I encourage everyone living in Tokyo to take blood tests as frequently as possible. […]
More from Dr. Mita here: I hope adults will leave Tokyo, not just children — Strange things happening — Medications don’t seem to work — Rare diseases increasing dramatically
Posted January 17, 2014
TV: “Many young people in Fukushima who are in high school have died suddenly”; Officials “ignore all the problems” — Former Mayor: People are always told “any disease they have is not caused by radiation” (VIDEO)
Democracy Now on location in Japan, Jan. 17, 2014:
At 15:15 in
Yukiko Kameya, Fukushima nuclear refugee: There are 59 children with thyroid problems and there are hundreds more on the way […]
Futaba where I lived is not livable, and the government says so. I know we are never going back in my entire life. But for the Fukushima Prefecture, it still not safe. The radiation level’s still very high […]
[Govt officials] ignore all the problems we’re having. There are many young people between 15 and 19 in Fukushima who are in high school who have died suddenly. For example, this morning I saw an online story that a 17-year-old died from Leukemia. In the morning when his mother came to wake him up, he was found dead in bed. Everyone says this was caused by the radiation levels from the nuclear accident. But our government never recognized it — and there are 59 children with thyroid cancer, they’ll never recognize it as being caused by the radiation.
At 39:45 in
Katsutaka Idogawa, Futaba’s mayor during 3/11, the town where part of Fukushima Daiichi is located: Another huge issue is those who are forced to live within the greater Fukushima areas do not have access to full health measurement, health treatment, and the kind of support they need. They’re also told that any diseases or sickness that they have is not caused by radiation.
Posted March 23, 2014
Fukushima Evacuee: 50% of class with nosebleeds at same time — Immune system problems reported by many families (VIDEO)
Fukushima Evacuee Geoff Read, Public Meeting at the UK’s House of Commons in the UK, Mar. 10, 2014:
At 2:30 in
Geoff Read, Fukushima Evacuee:
Children have been experiencing health effects already. As Paul said, it’s important not to jump to conclusions. But it’s hard to understand why, for example, that a teacher I personally know witnessed 50% of his class with noses bleeding at the same time. And this is a recurring thing that we hear, that children’s noses are bleeding a lot.
There have been respiration problems and immune system problems reported by some teachers and many families. This is coming from lots of different areas.
Watch the meeting at the UK’s House of Commons here
Posted March 22, 2014
Evacuee from Outside Fukushima: “There’s a black dust absolutely everywhere” that’s highly radioactive — Gov’t would not evacuate children because they’d have to certify it was safe to return, and they could not — “It’s an ongoing crisis” (VIDEO)
Fukushima Evacuee Gavin Allwright, Public Meeting at the UK’s House of Commons, Mar. 10, 2014 (at 6:15 in):
Gavin Allwright, resident of Miyagi Prefecture:
There is a black dust that is absolutely everywhere in Miyagi [prefecture north of Fukushima]. It wasn’t even analyzed for quite a long time. It has now been analyzed to be very highly radioactive. Those tiny, tiny particles — these paper masks don’t stop them. The kids put their fingers in their mouths. One of those particles is enough to cause irreparable damage. I’ve certainly had a very large dose of radioactivity because I was active in the clear up.
The bodies that had been picked up that died in the tsunami, they weren’t even allowed to bury them properly or cremate them properly because they were toxic waste. People were pulling down their garden walls or throwing things away, being arrested for moving toxic waste out of the area. However we were being told it was safe. […]
The children weren’t evacuated, and I did actually challenge some of the local officials about this and they said, “We can’t evacuate the children, because if we do as a government, we have to certify it’s safe for them to come back and we can’t, so we won’t move them.” I don’t even need to comment on that. It’s an ongoing crisis.
Watch the meeting at the UK’s House of Commons here
Posted March 22, 2014
Gundersen: Terrifying cancer data for Fukushima — “Statistics are astounding especially for young girls” — “Growing concern around cancer risk” (VIDEO)
Fairewinds Energy Education, Mar. 20, 2014: Cancer Risk To Young Children Near Fukushima Daiichi Underestimated —
As the three year anniversary of the triple meltdown at Fukushima Daiichi just passed, our minds have been on the health of the Japanese people, in particular the children. This week’s film is a reissue of a film we released last year featuring Ian Goddard and Fairewinds’ Arnie Gundersen discussing the risk of cancer in children in and around Fukushima prefecture. The statistics are astounding especially for young girls. For every year a young girl is the in the radiation zone 1 in 100 girls is going to get cancer due to their exposure from Fukushima. As each year passes it compounds, so if a young girl is there for 10 years, 10 out of 100 will get cancer. The statistics are terrifying and the Japanese government has allowed families with young children to return to Fukushima prefecture.
Introduction: “In response to growing concern around cancer risk to children, in particular young girls, in and around the Fukushima Prefecture, we’re reissuing a film we made last year. […] 1 in every 100 young girls will devlop cancer for every year they are exposed to Fukushima’s radiation”
Posted May 24, 2012
Nakate: Big change in number of child deaths in Fukushima due to illnesses after July 2011 — Death from cardiovascular disease doubled — Cancer and leukemia also increased
Report regarding the number of deaths due to illnesses in “Fukushima children”
By Seiichi Nakate, Fukushima Network for Saving Children from Radiation, Published: May 24, 2012
The graphs shown below were created from the Fukushima prefecture data
There is a big change in the number of deaths due to illnesses after July.
I cannot help but suspect a possibility that abnormal phenomena have been happening to the health of Fukushima children since last summer.
The number of deaths due to “cardiovascular diseases” has doubled. (This number includes cardiovascular deaths of children with congenital heart abnormalities.) This has not been seen in other prefectures which suffered damages from the earthquake/tsunami disaster. There are also increases in infectious diseases, cancer and leukemia, and pneumonia.
There is no doubt that the number of pediatric deaths due to illnesses has increased since last summer. It was omitted from this report, but there is data available that shows that the increase in the number of deaths was the greatest in late teens.
Total number of pediatric deaths (ages 1 to 19) due to illnesses in Fukushima, from March through November of 2010 (blue) vs. 2011 (pink) — “It has increased by a factor of 1.5 times, but pediatric deaths due to illnesses come in small numbers to begin with, so the absolute number is too small to determine if this is an “unusual phenomenon.” Similar changes can be seen considerably in past statistics or other prefectures.”
Month-to-month changes in the number of pediatric deaths (ages 1 to 19) in Fukushima from March through November of 2010 (blue) and 2011 (pink)
The number of pediatric deaths (ages 1 to 19) due to illnesses classified by the specific cause of deaths in Fukushima from March through November of 2010 (blue) and 2011 (pink)
Source of data: http://www.e-stat.go.jp/SG1/estat/NewList.do?tid=000001028897
Be sure to read the full report here
- Report: Mortality rising in contaminated regions of East Japan — “Very likely the number of cases of disease and death increased associated with radiation” July 9, 2012
- B.C. Canada sees spike in number of sudden infant deaths — “Why so many of those have come up this year, we don’t know” July 6, 2011
- CBC on TMI: Reports of enormous increase in cancer deaths — Infant mortality rates doubled — Birds disappeared — Many mutations observed (VIDEO) January 29, 2012
- Yomiuri: 451 deaths “due to physical deterioration triggered by the disaster” — Number expected to increase dramatically — From “long-term fatigue and worsening of chronic diseases” November 18, 2011
- Study: Disease-related deaths surged after 3/11 — Heart unable to pump enough blood around body (See also: Cesium-137 not slow acting, immediately damages heart muscle) August 29, 2012