DOE wants to dump their nuclear waste in your state. They are looking for “stakeholders” who will “consent.”
These are the remaining meetings, starting with Tuesday, April 26, in Sacramento, California.
- Sacramento, California on April 26, 2016 at the Holiday Inn Capitol Plaza – Sacramento
- Denver, Colorado on May 24, 2016 at the Embassy Suites Denver – Stapleton.
- Boston, Massachusetts on June 2, 2016 at the Hyatt Regency Boston.
- Tempe, AZ n June 23, 2016 at the Marriott Phoenix Tempe at the Buttes.
- Boise, ID on July 14, 2016 at Boise Centre.
- Minneapolis, MN on July 21, 2016 at the Hilton Minneapolis.
DOE is controlling the commenting, only allowing a 45-minute Q&A following the panel, and a 30 minute public comment period after a break. Even the California Public Utilities Commission allows a longer comment period during its local public hearings for matters of relatively minor import. This is a matter of great public and national importance. DOE plans to break up the audience and spend 1 hour, 45 minutes in small groups. This is a divide and conquer approach, where opposition can be fragmented. Demand that all industry leaders make comments in open meeting, and that all comments and questions from the audience be made in the open meeting to be heard by everyone. No small groups.
The meetings are listed here, together with links to register and to view the meetings online. They are requesting registration, but it is unknown whether this is a requirement.
Please copy and paste these links into your browser rather than going directly from the links.
California April 26 meeting information: http://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2016/04/f30/Pages%20from%20CBS%20Public%20Meeting-Sacramento-%20Updated%20Agenda.pdf — agenda
MEETING MATERIALS: CONSENT-BASED SITING PUBLIC MEETING IN SACRAMENTO (APRIL 26, 2016)
Federal Register notice: